Ubiquiti ETH-SP Ethernet Surge Protector
The Ethernet Surge Protector is a cost-effective solution for protecting sensitive, 3rd party Ethernet devices from damaging electrostatic discharges and surges. Since all Ubiquiti airMAX® devices already have robust ESD protection built in, adding the Ubiquiti ETH-SP Ethernet Surge Protector to the installation provides an additional layer of protection to the network.
The ETH-SP is engineered to protect any Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or non-PoE device with connection speeds of up to 1 Gbps. Two passive, surge-protected RJ45 connections provide maximum equipment compatibility.
ESD Protection for Outdoor PoE Devices
Damaging electrostatic discharge attacks and surges are diverted to the ETH-SP and safely discharged into the ground, so network devices are protected.
Additional ESD Protection
All Ubiquiti® airMAX® devices are equipped with built-in ESD protection, so the ETH‑SP adds another layer of protection to your outdoor, high-speed network.
Plug and Play Installation
Connect the ground and Ethernet cables in between your network devices.
• Compatible with Gigabit Networks
• Additional ESD Protection
• Plug and Play InstallationProduct Specifications
• Dimensions: 91 x 61 x 32.5mm (3.58 x 2.4 x 1.28″)
• Weight: 80g (2.82oz)
• Interface Connections: (2) RJ45 Female Connectors
• ESD/EMP Protection: Absorbing Transient Current with Response to Surge Voltage from 100V/s to 1kV/us
• DC Spark-Over Voltage: 90V @ 100V/s
• Maximum Impulse Spark-Over Voltage: 700V @ 1kV/us
• Discharge Current: 5kA (maximum) / 0.5kA (normal)
• Maximum Insulation Resistance: 1GΩ @ 50V
• Maximum Capacitance: 1.0pF @ 1MHz
• Data Line Protection: RJ45 10/100/1000 Ethernet
• IEEE 802.3af PoE Support: Yes
• Shock and Vibration Certification: ETSI300-019-1.4 Standard
• Operating Temperature: -30 to 65°C (-22 to 149°F)
• Operating Humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensingIncluded Accessories:
• M5 Self-Tapping Screw
• M5 Serrated Washer
• Quick Start Guide