Cisco SG300-28 28-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Managed Switch
The Cisco SG300-28 28-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Managed Switch provides a reliable foundation for your business network. It delivers the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect sensitive data and optimize network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Setting up and the usage of the Cisco SG300-28 is a breeze and it provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco SG300-28 has the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security and wireless technologies. At the same time, it is simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network service your business requires.
- Secure Desktop Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300-28 switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime and keeps your employees connected and productive.
- Secure Wireless Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300-28 switch allows employees to work productively from conference rooms and common areas, collaborate in any office and access business applications from wherever they are. Gigabit Ethernet connectivity helps ensure that your employees have the bandwidth and performance they need to make the most of mobile productivity. And with embedded security, your employees can work with confidence, knowing that only authorized users can access applications and network devices.
- Unified Communications
- As a managed network solution, the Cisco SG300-28 switch provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. The Cisco SG300-28 is rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with Cisco and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
- Highly Secure Guest Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300-28 switch lets you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
- High Performance and Reliability
- The Cisco SG300-28 switch is rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution speeds up file transfer times and improves slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco SG300-28 also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
Cisco SG300-28 Specs
|Capacity in Mpps (64-byte packets): 41.67
Switching Capacity in Gbps: 56
|Layer 2 Switching
|Spanning Tree Protocol: Standard 802.1d Spanning Tree support
Fast convergence using 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree), enabled by default
Multiple Spanning Tree instances using 802.1s
Port Grouping: Support for IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol
VLAN: Support for up to 256 VLANs simultaneously (out of 4096 VLAN IDs)
Voice VLAN: Voice traffic is automatically assigned to a voice-specific VLAN and treated with appropriate levels of QoS
Q-in-Q VLAN: VLANs transparently cross a service provider network while isolating traffic among customers
Generic VLAN Registration Protocol/Generic Attribute Registration Protocol: Protocols for automatically propagating and configuring VLANs in a bridged domain
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Relay at Layer 2: Relay of DHCP traffic to DHCP server in different VLAN. Works with DHCP Option 82
Internet Group Management Protocol Versions 1, 2 and 3 snooping: IGMP limits bandwidth-intensive multicast traffic to only the requesters; supports 256 multicast groups (source-specific multicasting is also supported)
IGMP Querier: IGMP querier is used to support a Layer 2 multicast domain of snooping switches in the absence of a multicast router.
Head-of-Line (HOL) Blocking: HOL blocking prevention
|IPv4 Routing: Wirespeed routing of IPv4 packets
Up to 32 static routes and up to 32 IP interfaces
Classless Inter-Domain Routing: Support for CIDR